Front Page Facebook Discord Channel New to Discord? Click here!
It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:17 pm 
Young Dragon

I finally got my list put together, but I have no idea how to put my sideboard together. Here's the list:

Creatures: 14
2 Nissa, Vastwood Seer
1 [card]Pilgrim's Eye[/card]
2 Sin Prodder
1 Inverter of Truth
4 Mindwrack Demon
1 Dragonlord Kolaghan
1 Greenwarden of Murasa
1 Dragonlord Atarka
1 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger

Spells: 22
3 Vessel of Nascency
1 Corrupted Grafstone
3 Gather the Pack
4 Grapple with the Past
2 Collective Defiance
2 Ruinous Path
4 Ever After
2 [card]Nissa's Renewal[/card]
1 Seasons Past

Lands:24
4 Evolving Wilds
4 Llanowar Wastes
2 Cinder Glade
2 Game Trail
5 Forest
5 Swamp
2 Mountain

For the side, I want to add cards to specifically deal with decks that go wide like Bant Coco and Humans. The bane of my existence on Game Day was Gideon making 2/2s every turn that ended up getting out of control. My thought is to add 3 Languish and 2 Virulent Plague to the side to help with those types of decks, but I'm not sure what I should put in against the other decks floating around. My store's meta is basically all variants of the most recent top 8 lists. I have seen a lot of GB Delirium and Izzet Burn in addition to the other decks mentioned.

I would appreciate any help you guys could offer, since it's been awhile since I last played standard competitively in any sense of the word.

Last edited by DrAwesome25 on Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:51 pm 
Elder Dragon

Not a huge fan of Inverter.

I would ditch that in favor of another Pilgrim's Eye.

I would also find a way to get Kozilek's Return in the 75 somewhere. With your current list, its looking like you're gonna get Delirium fairly consistently - why no Emrakul? Price issue?

Lastly, IF you are planning on an Ever After deck, might I suggest go main colors UB with the Dragonlords in there as good marriage material. You can then get the Dragon Land (cant remember name right off) so you can hard cast them if need be.

I ran UB Dragonlord Reanimator a few weeks ago. Dropped one match to UR Humans... but it was SUPER close. I ran 2x Silumgar, 1x Atarka, 1x Kolaghan, 1x Ojutai, 2x Emrakul, 1x Ulamog, 4x Mindwrack as my killers and flippy Jace to help me get them in the GY.

I understand that flippy Jace is expensive and about to rotate, so...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:46 pm 
Young Dragon

fessus viator wrote:
Not a huge fan of Inverter.

I would ditch that in favor of another Pilgrim's Eye.

I actually dropped a Pilgrim for him, and it proved to be surprisingly relevant in the games I playtested. The deck mills out relatively quickly so Inverter gives me a way (in addition to Season's Past) to get my cards back and stay in the late game if I run out of gas or mill my Ever After. I'm planning on keeping him in for tonight and then making necessary changes in that regard after FNM.

fessus viator wrote:
I would also find a way to get Kozilek's Return in the 75 somewhere. With your current list, its looking like you're gonna get Delirium fairly consistently - why no Emrakul? Price issue?

Pricing is exactly it. Ideally the list will have 2-4 Return and 3-4 Liliana, but those are of course on the high end of my budget. Emrakul I thought about, but since she only procs off of cast and is dealt with rather easily once she hits the board, I didn't think it would be worth it. Ulamog on the other hand is Indestructible and mills 20 every attack, which is way harder to deal with than 13/13 flying trample (I can't Ruinous Path an Ulamog). Also, most of the creatures (excluding Demon and usually Nissa) I want to hit the grave instead of my hand so I can hit them with Ever After, so I was really only looking for static abilities and ETB effects for mainboard dudes so they would proc off of reanimation.

fessus viator wrote:
Lastly, IF you are planning on an Ever After deck, might I suggest go main colors UB with the Dragonlords in there as good marriage material. You can then get the Dragon Land (cant remember name right off) so you can hard cast them if need be.

I ran UB Dragonlord Reanimator a few weeks ago. Dropped one match to UR Humans... but it was SUPER close. I ran 2x Silumgar, 1x Atarka, 1x Kolaghan, 1x Ojutai, 2x Emrakul, 1x Ulamog, 4x Mindwrack as my killers and flippy Jace to help me get them in the GY.

I understand that flippy Jace is expensive and about to rotate, so...

I really like how that sounds, but I don't have the card pool to make it happen at the moment, especially not the Jaces. I'll look into adding blue when i get paid on Tuesday, but until then, I'm stuck in Jund.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:17 am 
Young Dragon

I ended up using this for my side:
2 Rending Volley
2 Clip Wings
2 Ultimate Price
2 Pick the Brain
1 Infinite Obliteration
2 Virulent Plague
3 Languish
1 Emrakul, the Promised End

I went 2-1 overall (only 9 or 10 players) and found the main obstacles with the list.

First round I went 2-1 against a RG Werewolves brew. It was a pretty favorable match up post board, but game 1 it just out paced me and by the time I stabilized, he had lethal. I boarded in Languish and Virulent Plague and obliterated him games 2 and 3.

Second round I went 0-2 against UW Spirits. This played out similarly to the first round and he blew me out game 1 cuz I couldn't stabilize quick enough. I put in Languish, Plague, and Infinite Obliteration for his Spell Queller, but I had to mulligan to 4 and got mana screwed so I ended up basically throwing the round, though it was still fun.

Third round was against GB Delirium. Game 1 we went back and forth but I ended up pushing enough damage through his Ishkanah with 3 Mindwracks and Atarka. Game 2 went almost the same, but he got his Emrakul out. On my turn he swung my Ulamog into his Emrakul (after the tournament he told me he forgot about the indestructible), milling himself 20. He only had 16 cards in his library after that so I swung with Ulamog and he lost on his draw step.

Overall it seems like I just can't populate the board enough before my Ever After, but I do obtain Delirium regularly T2 or T3, so im looking to add in 3 Ishkanah and eventually some Lilianas for a better early(er) game. I had a lot of fun piloting this, so I'm looking forward to monday night for the next standard tournament.