Front Page Facebook Discord Channel New to Discord? Click here!
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Gauntlet
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:25 pm 
Ancient Dragon

Elkish Battle Rager
1RG
Creature: Elk Horror
3/2
Haste
When Elkish Battle Rager enters the battlefield, choose up to two creatures your opponents control at random. Those creatures cannot block Elkish Battle Rager.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:32 pm 
Ancient Dragon

Crawling Legacy 3GU
Sorcery (r)
Reveal your library. Choose a creature card from your library at random. If its converted mana cost is less than the number of cards in your graveyard, you may cast it without paying its mana cost. Then shuffle your library.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:34 pm 
Ancient Dragon

Grip of the Necromancer X2BB
Sorcery

Return X creatures chosen at random from any players graveyard tapped. Those creatures become black, and zombies in addition to there other colors, and types.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:43 pm 
Ancient Dragon

Knife Juggler 1R
Creature - Gnome Juggler
Whenever a creature enters the battlefield under your control, Knife Juggler deals 1 damage to a random enemy creature or player.
2/2

Prinny Bringer of the Spampocalypse
[+] Click to Show Spoiler

Two number 9s, a number 9 large, a number 6 with extra dip, a number 7, two number 45s, one with cheese, and a large soda.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:17 pm 
Young Dragon

Prismatic Geyser Valley
Land
T: Add one mana of a color at random to your mana pool, and put a study counter on~.
T: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool. Activate this only if ~ has 3 or more study counters on it.
Rigdon came to learn that the eruptions were as predictable as the phases of the moon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:04 pm 
Spamslayer Dragon

Liliana, Master of the Veil 4BB
Planeswalker - Liliana
+4: Exile up to two target cards from a single graveyard. For each creature card exiled this way, put a 2/2 black Zombie creature token into the battlefield tapped.
-3: Each opponent discards a card at random. Put each creature card discarded this way onto the battlefield under your control.
-13: Each opponent puts the top six cards of his or her library into his or her graveyard, then exiles his or her graveyard. For each creature card exiled this way, put a 2/2 black Zombie creature token onto the battlefield tapped and you gain 3 life.
{6}

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:33 pm 
Young Dragon

Meteor Shot R
Sorcery

Deal 4 damage to a creature chosen at random.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:57 pm 
Young Dragon

Creation Round Closed

Please have ratings in by Tuesday.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:57 pm 
Ancient Dragon

1. Ironhead: This card seems sweet, but should probably be a rare. It's a cantrip that totally disupts any interactive deck's critical removal turn, or at least has a high probability of doing so. I would try to play this in Modern. Overall i think it's balanced, aggressively costed, and the kind of card I'd consider brewing with in Modern. 4.0

2. Fessus: Balanced, interesting application, and seems fairly costed. I have a hard time rating cards like this because it's a great EDH card, but I can't really do much with a Modern mindset when I'm looking at a 4 mana card that doesn't win me the game. However, my EDH brain balances that out. I heartily approve of this in Riku. 3.5

3. Herald: this is definitely a build around card, no matter what format you're looking at. At CMC 5 and a random selection, I think the GY clause is limiting; choosing a creature at random from your library seems entirely fair and GU, while the yard effect kept having me thinking this was a Sultai or Golgari card. 2.5

4. Zero: your card language is confusing here. Are you choosing a random number of creatures from one player's yard, or all players' yards? The card also seems a bit expensive for what it does, given that to me, "random" typically (but not always) should entail a cost reduction, not an increase. 2.0

5. Admaster: This is very red, makes great use of the random ability, and seems fairly costed. I'd play it in limited without question, and in the right standard environment I'd consider it. 3.0

6. Kairyu: Your explanation of the flavor/con text surrounding the card makes the ability order make much more sense. I applaud the only entry of a land in this round, and I like the card. I'm willing to let the community decide what I should do with my original posted entry of 3.0, but given my own normal penchant for making cards that reference real life (though usually mythology for me) my new score, if everyone agrees, would be 3.5. If not, my original score of 3.0 can stand with no opposition from me.

7. Arix: I am glad to see Liliana getting some love. +4 on her first ability is double what it should be, but the effect itself is solid since the Zombies enter tapped. Her -3 seems appropriately costed as a -3, but I struggle to determine if it's broken or unplayable. Overall, that yields a positive experience for me, since it's clearly a card I'd be excited to test. Her ultimate seems exciting, and probably fair since PW ultimates should be game breaking. Overall, I struggled to grade this card, because while I love it, I suspect it's overpowered. 3.5.

8. Fable: This seems overcosted, since we already have Flame Slash. It would have been more balanced by targeting a random opponent or creature you don't control, an also by being an instant. 2.5.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:21 am 
Spamslayer Dragon

Ironhead - Unpredictable Results 3.0 - This seems like the most basic interpretation of the theme. A one-turn Grip of Chaos is fine, it just doesn't show a lot of creativity.

Fessus - Make Your Own Luck 2.5 - I can see some Commander applications for this, but the uncontrollable nature of the ability does make it difficult to actually build around effectively. The ability is also a bit cheap for me - not from a power perspective, but allowing multiple tutors (and therefore shuffles) per turn this easily really pushes time.

Nightwalker - Elkish Battle Rager 2.0 - There are some obvious memory issues with this sort of effect, but beside that, it's just not really that exciting. So my 3/2 is kind of evasive? Okay?

Herald - Crawling Legacy 3.0 - This feels very thrown together, since I'm really not sure how the various parts of it are supposed to interact. Another interesting build-around, but with much more interesting (and feasible) applications, which I like.

Zero - Grip of the Necromancer 3.5 - Not super creative, but unlike many applications of randomness, this looks like it will always result in some fun times and interesting stories in gameplay.

Admaster - Knife Juggler 2.0 - Power level might be a bit high (red already struggles with two-mana 2/2s, let alone abilities). Other than that, another fine card, if not particularly exciting.

Kairyu - Prismatic Geyser Valley 4.0 - Good way to use randomness in a way that doesn't just mess you up if it goes sour. In a normal set I can see the first ability just adding colourless before building up to any colour, but this was a clever way to turn it into a thematically appropriate and still fun card.

Fable - Meteor Shot 0.5 - I struggle to see who this card is for. A basic removal spell isn't exciting for Timmy, it does nothing for Johnny, and there's literally no skill-testing involved for Spike. Randomness should be saved for something decently splashy and fun, not the most basic of utility spells. If this could only hit opposing creatures it might be a little higher, but even then it just doesn't seem like it has any audience or purpose.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:38 am 
Elder Dragon

Iron - Unpredictable Results - 3/5 - Its a red Cantrip, which is ok. The effect though, is a bitter better. I like the chaotic-y-ness of it, but I cannot see it being super helpful in most situations. Fun as hell, yep - super effective, most likely not.

fessus - Make Your Own Luck - super fun times.

Night - Elkish Battle Rager - 2.5/5 - A 3/2 Haste for 3 is becoming the standard apparently. In all honesty, this is surprisingly close to the new Mournwillow with a bit of differences, obviously. I like the cannot block the random is a bit weird though compared to what it wants to do.

Hearld - Crawling Legacy - 2/5 - Weird wording is worded weird. I don't feel that this would work well in practice. How do you determine the creature? The first one you get that meets its requirement? Cascade wording would have worked right?

Zero - Grip of the Necromancer - 3/5 - Good effect. Nice use of random. Though I feel that it should not be Mono-B because of the randomness of the spell. That being said, I think its costed correctly.

Admaster - Knife Juggler - 3.5/5 - Love this effect actually. The only critique I could give is that its a big body for its cost and effect. Maybe a 2/1 or a 1/2 would have made it a bit better (?). But I really I like this!

Kai - Prismatic Geyser Valley - 4/5 - I love this too! I like how you went with a land. Bold Move, Cotton.

Arix - Liliana, Master of the Veil - 2.5/5 - Her initial + seems really, really strong - especially at +4. I think that having it as a +3 or reducing the Ult by a few points (even though I get why its a 13). The -3 seems really strong too. Love the Ult.

Fable - Meteor Shot - 2/5 - Sorcery speed burn. Random target. Sorcery Random Targetted Burn..... ooof. Though it IS 4 damage for 1 so that is at least making up the difference between Instant and Sorcery.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:24 pm 
Young Dragon

Ironhead: 3 - Yeah, pretty basic. Nothing wrong with it, but nothing terribly exciting.
Fessus: 2 - I don't see it being used anywhere but commander, and even then not often. Should be a higher cost as well (3 maybe?), or a limit of once per turn.
Nightwalker: 2.5 - I can see this being used in constructed. That said, the "up to" paired with the "random" isn't very intuitive.
Herald: 3.5 - I like this in, say, Meren EDH. That said, I think that the decks that use it will use it to just win the game a bit too often.
Zero: 4 - Wording issues aside, I think this could be really fun. Probably get's really weird late game.
Admaster: 3 - Seems fine, just not very creative.
Arix: 4 - Dat +4! And a starting loyalty of 6! a single + and their hand is wrecked, and she's impossible to race. A little development would do wonders.
Fable: 3.5 - Seems fine. Not exciting, and could probably be Instant.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:30 pm 
Young Dragon

Round Closed

Kairyu 12
Arix 11
Fessus: 9
Nightwalker: 8

With less than 50% turnout, I won this round. Honorable mention to Zero, who would have won had he rated.

When I think of one, I'll create the next round.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:43 pm 
Young Dragon

In honor of Eldritch Moon's upcoming release (and not having a Gauntlet for the Shadows set), design a card that uses one of the new mechanics from the SOI/EMN BLOCK (Meld, Emerge, Escalate, Delirium, Investigate, Skulk)

NOTE: It does not have to have Innistrad/Emrakul flavor. Just has to use one of those mechanics.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:55 am 
Ancient Dragon

Eldritch Horror [2][B][B]
Creature - Horror
Flying, Emerge [5][B]
Eldritch Horror gets +2/+2 for each creature card in your graveyard.
1/1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:14 am 
Adult Dragon

Determined Detective 1BB
Creature - Human (rare)
Whenever Determined Detective deals combat damage to a player Investigate.
At the end of each turn, if you control 3 or more Clues transform Determined Detective.
"He swore he'd unravel the mystery."
3/3

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Missing Detective
Creature - Eldrazi Horror (colorless)
Trample
Whenever Missing Detective deals combat damage to a player that player exiles a random card from their hand.
"Sadly, we'll probably never know what he found."
6/6

Last edited by IronHead on Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:35 am 
Ancient Dragon

Grafside Summoner
Rare
1B
Zombie Horror
2/1
Skulk
Whenever ~ deals combat damage to a player, put the top two cards of your library into your graveyard. You may cast a Zombie card from your graveyard if it was put into your graveyard this turn.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:29 pm 
Ancient Dragon

Blood-Fuelled Crossbow 3
Artifact - Equipment

Equiped creature gets -4/-4, and gains Skulk.

Whenever equiped creature deals combat damage to a player that player loses the game.

Equip: Lose 5 life

"The cost is great, but if you survive the reward is greater."

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:23 pm 
Young Dragon

Silver-barbed Saber (2)
Artifact - Equipment
Equip (2)
Equipped creature get's +2/+1
If equipped creature deals combat damage to a player enchanted by a card called "Curse of Thunder" exile this card and meld them into Thundercursed Blade.
Whenever a creature enchanted player controls attacks you, deal 1 damage to it.
Enchanted player's creatures can't block creatures you control.
(melds with Inconspicuous Saber)
Equipped creature gets +4/+3
Whenever equipped creature attacks, ~ deals 3 damage divided as you choose among one, two, or three target creature. Creatures dealt damage this way can't block this turn.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:50 am 
Spamslayer Dragon

Bloodrite Whispers 3BB
Sorcery
Reveal the top six cards of your library. For each nonland card revealed this way, you may pay life equal to its converted mana cost. If you do, put it into your hand. Exile ~ and put all other cards revealed this way into your graveyard.
Demonblood Ceremony 2BB
Enchantment
At the beginning of your upkeep, if you have six or more creature cards in your graveyard, each opponent sacrifices a creature.
At the beginning of combat on your turn, if you own ~ and an exiled card named Bloodrite Whispers, exile ~ and meld them into Arathahr, Blood Sovereign.
Arathahr, Blood Sovereign
Legendary Creature - Demon
Flying, indestructible, haste
Whenever ~ attacks, each opponent sacrifices a creature.
As long as there are thirteen or more creature cards among all graveyards, ~ gets +13/+13.
7/7

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next