Front Page Facebook Discord Channel New to Discord? Click here!
It is currently Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:03 am 
Elder Dragon

Golgari_Spy wrote:
interesting choice (even though you probably did it because you thought it was the funniest name)

You know me so well.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:19 am 
Elder Dragon

anyways, does anyone know a good image hosting site because i do not want to deal with resizing a bunch of 1920x1080 images

(they are basically 3-3.5 MB png images as is, resizing probably wouldn't do enough to help and would probably just make it really hard to read to get it below the upload limit)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:18 pm 
Elder Dragon

qara qoyunlu has a terrible starting position

i was able to make two allies, but one is virtually useless, meanwhile i am surrounded by the ottomans, mamluks, and the timurid empire, which obviously want my land, and i have revolt risk virtually everywhere because of non-accepted culture and half the land is sunni/coptic when qara qoyunlu is a shia nation

as a result, i released armenia as a vassal because their revolt risk was very high

first long-term goal is probably to upgrade from the nomadic form of government because i can't really take advantage of the bonuses and the penalties hurt me more than my major rivals (also at higher levels the military troops fall behind), the best part right now is that i can declare tribal conquest as my casus belli so i can take land from weak neighbors with relatively low penalties

(i have some images ready for the let's play)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:23 pm 
Elder Dragon

my brother is playing star ocean 5 for some odd reason, and it looks terrible

except for the bunnies, naturally, i know where the graphical budget went

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:40 am 
Elder Dragon

note to self: pay more attention to paradox plaza, apparently they discount DLC on occasion (rights of man was 33% off there but normal price on steam)

qara qoyunlu game is up to 1453 (from a start of 1444), someone yell at me to start the let's play thread

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:55 am 
Elder Dragon

restarted the qara qoyunlu game because the game updated (also there are discounts, eu4 is on sale for $10 so take advantage)

i also bought more dlc because that was on sale as well

anyways, the starting financial situation is still garbage but i fixed my mistake in the first run by vassaling georgia rather than just making them return their armenian province to my first vassal armenia (georgia hated that though, so i am improving relations in the hope that i can get their liberty desire low enough by the time the truce ends, otherwise i expect someone to give them ideas of independence)

making mashriqi (that would be southern modern-day iraq basically) an accepted culture helps a lot with revolt problems and also makes them easier to convert to shia, the base culture of azerbaijani is in the iranian group which mashriqi is not so i get maluses without accepting their culture

also the timurids guaranteed my independence, so at least i have that helping me

my plan is probably to try to make persia but first i have to reform to an iqta which will take a while

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:34 pm 
Elder Dragon

Yeeeeeeah Persia. Persia's great.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:00 pm 
Elder Dragon

the problem is that all the persian culture provinces are controlled by the timurids, so i would have to go through them and they are currently a great power so they would crush me easily (my only reliable ally is crimea)

i probably have to wait for them to be in a difficult war and strike then (or use espionage)

i can still take the provinces and choose not to form persia, but the real incentive to do so is that horde units fade quickly compared to the muslim units that the persia decision gives access to

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:27 pm 
Elder Dragon

the ottomans declared war on me (reconquest of erzerum), and i was not going to win against 71k troops (only have 22k myself, and my force limit is 30) so i peaced out quickly which ended my vassalizations

i did annex tabarestan and what was left of shirvan though (they lost a province to gazikumukh), and i got an event which was helpful in getting the mamluks as an ally (even though i gifted 100 ducats as well) and apparently crimea is part of my dynasty now which helps with relations

now the ottomans are at war with aq qoyunlu who is allied with the timurids, probably still not the time to strike because the ottomans would have to cross my lands to get to the timurids

in other news i am surrounded by babbling buffoons (it's an actual ruler trait that causes them to insult me randomly), so i'm basically in trump country

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:11 am 
Elder Dragon

Golgari_Spy wrote:
now the ottomans are at war with aq qoyunlu who is allied with the timurids, probably still not the time to strike because the ottomans would have to cross my lands to get to the timurids

timurids are getting owned by the ottomans (who crossed my lands, not surprisingly, means that some ally/enemy of theirs had access), turns out steppe nomads + mountains is not a combo (i know, i have the same problem)

apparently i somehow allied poland, who also has lithuania as a junior partner so i think that should solve the ottoman problem, the mamluks would apparently help me with the timurids so that will probably be the plan (i declared a war on the shammar/najd/hormuz triad, two of those were forcibly converted to shia which helps a bit in not keeping them allied and can be useful for future vassalization purposes and also gives me a way to lose piety should i ever need it (right now i want it maxed to convert all the sunni provinces i have, which is in progress)

muslim nations can't convert on their own either, so the effect is permanent (unless someone else does the same thing)

finally made it to admin level 5, picked quantity for my first idea group because my manpower is currently terrible

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:03 pm 
Elder Dragon

good news: i outlasted actual qara qoyunlu

bad news: the ottomans and timurids are taking turns kicking my ass, my alliances have proven to be useless (i give the ottomans credit for waiting until the mamluks were losing to ethiopia and friends and then attacking) and i am probably better off abandoning persia and sticking with arabia, which should make them border each other and beat each other up instead of me (probably also make one of those my base culture, which would help with stability problems as i would be in the levantine culture group rather than the iranian, beating up the arabian countries is much easier as they are much weaker and i don't need allies to do it)

that does mean the game is probably going to be very boring (the ottomans will eventually beat up the mamluks, because that's their cultural union path which they get automatically as they have an easy decision path to empire status called "take constantinople")

converting some of them beforehand did not help really

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:25 am 
Elder Dragon

i am thinking of restarting, my annihilation is probably inevitable because i don't expect the mamluks to be of much help and the timurids are now expanding into arabia via hormuz

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:33 am 
Elder Dragon

i found this eu4 map that reminded me of someone so i had to post it

[+] Click to Show Spoiler
https://i.redd.it/oavyzkwkrl6z.jpg

also i need a funniest name update from twinblaze because 1.22 added beloozero as a muscovite vassal

(also checking out the meiou and taxes mod, it makes vanilla eu4 seem simple in comparison which says a lot)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:04 pm 
Elder Dragon

review of meiou and taxes: great when it works, and definitely distinct from the vanilla game (i.e. corruption and inflation are real things that you have to accept)

unfortunately it seems the iberian wedding event is glitched to cause a freeze, so i have to hope for an update to fix that

on the other hand france is apparently the champion of corruption

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:03 am 
Elder Dragon

imperial universalis finally updated to be compatible with 1.22, which is a solid mod (even thought some of the decisions didn't work properly when i last played it)

maybe they made it less like vanilla, being able to dev for institutions really should not be a feature at all (currently it's a dlc feature of common sense)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:19 am 
Elder Dragon

turns out the iberian wedding glitch is related to garbage code, so i manually commented it out and that solved the problem

(making castile a junior partner of aragon in addition to the standard aragon as a junior partner of castile confused the game, which doesn't really surprise me)

also manual dev is now disabled in imperium universalis, and apparently manual claim fabrication as well (so spy networks are useless for quite a while)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:38 pm 
Elder Dragon

this event was great, clearly i should declare wars of humiliation more often

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:07 pm 
Elder Dragon

now playing tales of berseria (on pc), the default control scheme is awful but i can at least fix that

it is a much better game than tales of zestiria which means little because tales of zestiria was horrible itself

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:20 pm 
Elder Dragon

good luck with that mission, poland

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:07 am 
Elder Dragon

i stand corrected, this is the best event

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next