Front Page Facebook Discord Channel New to Discord? Click here!
It is currently Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4735 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224 ... 237  Next
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:19 pm 
Elder Dragon

WOOOOOOOOO!

Patriots lose! Eagles win! But more importantly Patriots lose!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:21 pm 
Elder Dragon

no, i think lantern winning a pro tour was more important, good try though

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:32 pm 
Elder Dragon

Lantern Control is the Patriots of Modern. Fuck that deck. I've never even played against it and I hate it. I don't even play modern and I still hate its entire existence.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:38 pm 
Elder Dragon

Twinblaze wrote:
Lantern Control is the Patriots of Modern. Fuck that deck. I've never even played against it and I hate it. I don't even play modern and I still hate its entire existence.

that comparison does not work because lantern is not popular enough

ironically, the eagles would be more accurate

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:04 am 
Elder Dragon

Well that's just not remotely true. The eagles aren't hated by everyone who isn't an eagles fan. That is however true of both the Patriots and lantern control.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:16 am 
Elder Dragon

Been in the throws of despair, tiredness, and overall hate-lifedness.

Then the game happened.

While I’m loathe to criticize a lot of aspects on the pats tonight, it… really doesn’t go without saying that blame doesn’t belong a little everywhere tonight. Lord knows the main brunt of things will drop on Brady for the fumble towards the end, but I put more of that (as well as the hail mary attempt) on the O-Line (and potentially some slight criticisms on play calling given how long they were willing to stick to trying to get quick 9 yard routes to make that quicker, but those were at least debatable).

That withstanding, my god, Brady missed a lot of throws he usually makes tonight, and made quite a few bad decisions.

Not to mention the fuck ups on special teams early on which didn’t help, but I’m not for sure on the exact outcome of those in the scheme of things because fuck, no one is.

My main critique would be on the defense, who’s only claim to fame coming in before was stopping points and red zone efficiency, neither of which latched on well at all tonight. That and I have no earthly idea why Butler was never considered as part of the lineup, given that we had so many problems with Jeffreys to start and then Agholor being our goddamn albatross all second quarter. I usually don’t criticize Bill, but especially after Chung got hurt (twice), I don’t see how we sit on one of our primary D backs while we get slaughtered in the secondary.

Past that the only thing out of our control was the loss of Cooks, which for sure was a problem.

Horrible game on all sides of the ball, but otherwise a great entertaining game. Gratz to Philly, and I legit hope anyone in the area stays safe if things are still going on at the moment.

"The best and worst part of being a goblin is that you never have to wonder what people think about you. They are more than willing to let you know at every conceivable opportunity." - Skizzdret, The Guildless

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:33 am 
Elder Dragon

Twinblaze wrote:
Well that's just not remotely true. The eagles aren't hated by everyone who isn't an eagles fan. That is however true of both the Patriots and lantern control.

patriots are more like g/x tron, which a bunch of people hate

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:44 pm 
Young Dragon

Today in modern I curved T1 Goblin Guide into T2 Warren Instigator, into T3 Chieftain, Kiki-Jiki + Rabblemaster. Good times were had.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:43 pm 
Elder Dragon

was the opponent dead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:50 pm 
Spamslayer Dragon

[+] Click to Show Spoiler
"There's something you don't understand about humanity, beast! It's because we're weak and short-lived that we're strong! Where you only live for the moment, we're forced to think of future generations and build a world for them!"
"...excuse me? You've literally been negatively affected by your ancestors destroying forests to colonize the place, and instead of fixing it, you're doing the exact same thing. I mean, I don't blame you for trying to adapt to your environment, but still."
"Yes, well...it's that determination, the human spirit, that sets us apart!"
"Determination? Go have a chat to that goblin over there, Sir Muzzfuzz. A dragon straight up ate his whole family in one gulp, and he's spent the past sixty years chasing it down. Seriously, sixty years on one dragon. Dude's got more determination in his nose hairs than you'll ever know."
"Well...you can't deny our passion! Our emotion, and artistic souls!"
"Dude, the centaurs invented music. When Manehoof McHorseface plucked his bowstring and discovered it made a fun sound. I mean, I know you guys make art, but so does literally everyone else."
"But...but all those other races are so arrogant, and haughty! That's what sets us apart!"
"You're...you're seriously trying to convince me that you're humble at the exact same time you're trying to convince me that your species is superior to everyone else just because you're humans? I don't think that's how humility works."
"...wow, there really is nothing special about humanity, is there?"
"Well, you're just one species that has coexisted with a bunch of others in this world for thousands of years. I don't know why you'd think there's one sweeping general aspect that makes you better than everyone else. Honestly, it's kinda racist."
"...you know, hearing it out loud, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense, does it?"

-Excerpt from a fantasy story I'd love to see just once

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:45 pm 
Elder Dragon

manehoof mchorseface is an excellent name

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:15 pm 
Elder Dragon

Arix wrote:
[+] Click to Show Spoiler
"There's something you don't understand about humanity, beast! It's because we're weak and short-lived that we're strong! Where you only live for the moment, we're forced to think of future generations and build a world for them!"
"...excuse me? You've literally been negatively affected by your ancestors destroying forests to colonize the place, and instead of fixing it, you're doing the exact same thing. I mean, I don't blame you for trying to adapt to your environment, but still."
"Yes, well...it's that determination, the human spirit, that sets us apart!"
"Determination? Go have a chat to that goblin over there, Sir Muzzfuzz. A dragon straight up ate his whole family in one gulp, and he's spent the past sixty years chasing it down. Seriously, sixty years on one dragon. Dude's got more determination in his nose hairs than you'll ever know."
"Well...you can't deny our passion! Our emotion, and artistic souls!"
"Dude, the centaurs invented music. When Manehoof McHorseface plucked his bowstring and discovered it made a fun sound. I mean, I know you guys make art, but so does literally everyone else."
"But...but all those other races are so arrogant, and haughty! That's what sets us apart!"
"You're...you're seriously trying to convince me that you're humble at the exact same time you're trying to convince me that your species is superior to everyone else just because you're humans? I don't think that's how humility works."
"...wow, there really is nothing special about humanity, is there?"
"Well, you're just one species that has coexisted with a bunch of others in this world for thousands of years. I don't know why you'd think there's one sweeping general aspect that makes you better than everyone else. Honestly, it's kinda racist."
"...you know, hearing it out loud, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense, does it?"

-Excerpt from a fantasy story I'd love to see just once

8-bit theater had a great one on elves.

"The best and worst part of being a goblin is that you never have to wonder what people think about you. They are more than willing to let you know at every conceivable opportunity." - Skizzdret, The Guildless

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:27 pm 
Grand Architect

Set up a new subforum for the Dragon Ball Super card game in case people are interested. Game is super hype.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:59 pm 
Elder Dragon

Yeeeeeah we back boys! I learned how addicted I am to this place when I clicked on my speed dial link for this place like a dozen times while the domain was down.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:53 pm 
Elder Dragon

Twinblaze wrote:
Yeeeeeah we back boys! I learned how addicted I am to this place when I clicked on my speed dial link for this place like a dozen times while the domain was down.

someone needs to tell moxen to keep the ingot chewers away from the server

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:00 pm 
Grand Architect

I like to keep dangerous pets what can I say

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:44 am 
Spamslayer Dragon

Twinblaze wrote:

I was honestly pondering paying for it myself.

Speaking of, Mox, if you ever want support, as I've mentioned I'm more than willing to pitch it. Dragons got huge stacks of gold to throw around, you know.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:49 am 
Elder Dragon

the ingot chewers must still be at work, i am getting 404 errors

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:02 pm 
Grand Architect

Arix wrote:
Twinblaze wrote:

I was honestly pondering paying for it myself.

Speaking of, Mox, if you ever want support, as I've mentioned I'm more than willing to pitch it. Dragons got huge stacks of gold to throw around, you know.

I really just need to link to my paypal in either discord or somewhere here. Server time definitely does cost something.

ALSO Gspy, are you still getting 404s

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:06 pm 
Elder Dragon

just did actually

if it helps it is apparently a redirect when i get a 404

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4735 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224 ... 237  Next