Front Page Facebook Discord Channel New to Discord? Click here!
It is currently Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4615 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:33 pm 
Elder Dragon

Golgari_Spy wrote:
Arsonist wrote:
I mean... it's still *a* problem.

well here's the solution

as always, the parody solution is even better

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:19 pm 
Elder Dragon

If everyone on mtgfinance didn't tell me that "garbage fire" wasn't a joke, I'd be thinking about it.

There's still stuff in both sets that fattens out a trade binder/modern portfolio. Just... likely not 300 dollars worth of those things.

"The best and worst part of being a goblin is that you never have to wonder what people think about you. They are more than willing to let you know at every conceivable opportunity." - Skizzdret, The Guildless

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:20 am 
Elder Dragon

So I tried to do some deckbuilding with the new Dominaria stuff, but I very quickly realized that none of it fixes this format's main problem. Glorybringer and the Gods are so overpowered and difficult to deal with effectively that it's almost impossible to be successful with anything else. I need me a goddamn rotation right now. Of course at the very least Glorybringer would be gone if it wasn't for those stupid crybabies in the community who whined about the shorter standard rotation enough to get Wizards to change it back.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:56 am 
Elder Dragon

honestly the rotation should have been shorter (cards only lasting 12 months in standard rather than 24) but people hate change

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:41 am 
Elder Dragon

WTB Baral, Chief of Compliance/Paradox Engine/Mox Amber/Aetherflux Reservoir/Paradoxical Outcome deck in standard ples.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:40 pm 
Elder Dragon

I found an old DND 3.5 boxed set not too long ago. My brother's kids found it, and I told them I'd let them play tomorrow morning (with me being the DM).

I'm reading through the stuff tonight.

I'm weirdly more nervous about this than I am any of my other campaigns. I told them they'd need to stick to the characters in the box because I don't want to lose them down a rabbit hole of character creation, but I'm going to let them come up with their own backstory's if they want.

"The best and worst part of being a goblin is that you never have to wonder what people think about you. They are more than willing to let you know at every conceivable opportunity." - Skizzdret, The Guildless

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:22 am 
Elder Dragon

keep us updated on the campaign

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:23 pm 
Elder Dragon

They got through a few fights today. What I learned as a DM was that you do *not* let kids under 12 go back to town when they're engaged. You lose their attention *Real* quick and in a hurry.

They still did really well with what they did cover though, I think everyone (including me) had fun.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:53 pm 
Spamslayer Dragon

So I went out for about half an hour and saw no less than three Where's Wally shirts and one person in full cosplay. Is...is this a thing?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:04 pm 
Elder Dragon

I'm assuming that's like the aussie version of Where's Waldo?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:26 pm 
Elder Dragon

Technically I think it's the literally everywhere but the US version.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:05 am 
Elder Dragon

Arix wrote:
So I went out for about half an hour and saw no less than three Where's Wally shirts and one person in full cosplay. Is...is this a thing?

congratulations, you found him

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:10 am 
Spamslayer Dragon

But, like...it's not even like I was anywhere special. I was at the damn department of transport, and there was just this guy in full-on Where's Wally cosplay.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:25 am 
Elder Dragon

So I decided to launch Arena again and see what's new, and apparently the answer is everything. The completely redid almost the entire UI, and now it looks like an actual polished game. There are still some issues with the automatic mana tapping though, namely that if you have one of the deserts that can tap for colorless or ping you for 1 to tap for colored mana, for some reason it thinks that's the land you want to save for last, which often makes you take unnecessary damage.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:23 am 
Elder Dragon

Arix wrote:
But, like...it's not even like I was anywhere special. I was at the damn department of transport, and there was just this guy in full-on Where's Wally cosplay.

but you found him

do you realize how hard that usually is

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:28 pm 
Young Dragon

Twinblaze wrote:
So I decided to launch Arena again and see what's new, and apparently the answer is everything. The completely redid almost the entire UI, and now it looks like an actual polished game. There are still some issues with the automatic mana tapping though, namely that if you have one of the deserts that can tap for colorless or ping you for 1 to tap for colored mana, for some reason it thinks that's the land you want to save for last, which often makes you take unnecessary damage.

It also assumes all nombasics are special and should be tapped last. I keep getting screwed out of holding up burn cause it decided to autotap all my mountains and keep Sunscorched deserts up. Also Exert is real weird.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:03 pm 
Elder Dragon

Apparently my work decided to schedule de-escalation training at the exact time that would screw me over the most. I work from 1600 Tuesday to 0800 Wednesday, then the training starts at 0900 Wednesday and goes until 1500. So by the time I get to go to sleep I will have been at work for almost 24 hours.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:24 pm 
Elder Dragon

Kal Duskryn wrote:
Twinblaze wrote:

It also assumes all nombasics are special and should be tapped last. I keep getting screwed out of holding up burn cause it decided to autotap all my mountains and keep Sunscorched deserts up. Also Exert is real weird.

nombasics are the most delicious of the lands

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:57 am 
Grand Architect

can confirm that MTG Arena is a polished game, I've been playing it pretty much nonstop. I would expect that a closed beta would attract players that knew how gameplay mechanics work, but it seems that on average, that is not the case.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:40 am 
Young Dragon

Moxen wrote:
can confirm that MTG Arena is a polished game, I've been playing it pretty much nonstop. I would expect that a closed beta would attract players that knew how gameplay mechanics work, but it seems that on average, that is not the case.

I'm definitely enjoying it. There's a few things that could do with fixing but overall it's great so far.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4615 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 225, 226, 227, 228, 229, 230, 231  Next