Front Page Facebook Discord Channel New to Discord? Click here!
It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4772 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233 ... 239  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:26 pm 
Urzatron

Halfling. Get that +2 dex since shortswords are finesse weapons.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:27 pm 
Elder Dragon

Yeah, that's the way I ended up going. My main debate was between the dex/con combo or the gnome animal talking thing for fun "talking with goats" time.

Looks like I'm going to get a feat too. Mmm dat sweet Dual Weilding. Going fighter cavalier for awesome goat mode.

I love it.

"The best and worst part of being a goblin is that you never have to wonder what people think about you. They are more than willing to let you know at every conceivable opportunity." - Skizzdret, The Guildless

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:28 pm 
Urzatron

Arsonist wrote:
Yeah, that's the way I ended up going. My main debate was between the dex/con combo or the gnome animal talking thing for fun "talking with goats" time.

Looks like I'm going to get a feat too. Mmm dat sweet Dual Weilding. Going fighter cavalier for awesome goat mode.

I love it.

If you take the Two Weapon Fighting style you don't need dual wielder since it's finesse.

Also, you might want to get the luck based Feat that halflings get as a racial feature.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:33 am 
Elder Dragon

Urza wrote:

If you take the Two Weapon Fighting style you don't need dual wielder since it's finesse.

Also, you might want to get the luck based Feat that halflings get as a racial feature.

Nah, you still need it because of the "light" requirement. Shortswords and Scimitars both have "finesse, light". Finesse just lets you use dex instead of str, light is the requirement that is needed on both weapons to dual wield.

Normally you wouldn't get to add your ability modifier for damage on your off hand, two handed fixes that.

Dual weilding lets you use weapons that aren't "light" when going two handed, and adds one ac. Rapiers are finesse but not light, but have D8 damage dice rather than D6s.

Re: Lucky - as in stack it on top of each other? I mean, its probably not a bad call, gives me a lot less chance to crit miss. Still seems unexciting as far as feats go.

"The best and worst part of being a goblin is that you never have to wonder what people think about you. They are more than willing to let you know at every conceivable opportunity." - Skizzdret, The Guildless

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:52 am 
Urzatron

Arsonist wrote:
Urza wrote:

Nah, you still need it because of the "light" requirement. Shortswords and Scimitars both have "finesse, light". Finesse just lets you use dex instead of str, light is the requirement that is needed on both weapons to dual wield.

Normally you wouldn't get to add your ability modifier for damage on your off hand, two handed fixes that.

Dual weilding lets you use weapons that aren't "light" when going two handed, and adds one ac. Rapiers are finesse but not light, but have D8 damage dice rather than D6s.

Re: Lucky - as in stack it on top of each other? I mean, its probably not a bad call, gives me a lot less chance to crit miss. Still seems unexciting as far as feats go.

SECOND CHANGE
Prerequisite: Halfling
Fortune favors you when someone tries to strike you.
You gain the following benefits: - Increase your Dexterity, Constitution, or Charisma
score by 1, to a maximum of 20. - When a creature you can see hits you with an attack
roll, you can use your reaction to force that creature to
reroll. Once you use this ability, you can’t use it again
until you roll initiative at the start of combat or until
you finish a short or long rest.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:36 am 
Elder Dragon

Ooooh, the race specific one. I thought you were talking about the feat version of lucky.

Mmm, seems nice, but I'm a big fan of the +1AC and using rapiers at the moment. I may opt into it later on when I get my dex maxed and other stuff sorted.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 3:46 am 
Hatchling

Yeah, I know. It was probably idiotic of me hoping that WOTC would have a Mac-version of Arena ready for open beta. But one can always hope. Anywho, anyone tried it? Any good?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:28 am 
Elder Dragon

from what i hear, the game is likely dead on arrival as-is because card acquisition is somehow worse than hearthstone (and the target market wants low-cost play compared to the other online games)

you might be waiting a while anyways for the mac port, i think they would prioritize mobile devices first

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:40 pm 
Adult Dragon

I've been playing the arena beta and yeah the free to play economy is terrible. Its not as shitty as Hearthstone but it's still pretty bad. If you're one of those players who wants to play nothing but top tier decks then expect to either pay a lot of money or stick to one deck. That being said Wizards is still tweaking the economy and fans have been very vocal about how crappy it is so maybe things will change.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:29 pm 
Elder Dragon

Hi thread. Today I got my new Thrustmaster hotas joystick, which is definitely the most sexually-named piece of technology I have ever owned.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:37 pm 
Elder Dragon

is it extendable

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:31 am 
Elder Dragon

Apparently it's been way too long since I last flew with a joystick and I am legitimately terrible at it now. I remember being pretty good at IL-2 Sturmovik back in the day, but apparently whatever piloting skills I had are completely gone.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:40 am 
Elder Dragon

i am going to read everything about your joystick as if it is somehow sexual

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:38 am 
Spamslayer Dragon

That's the best way to read most things.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:07 am 
Elder Dragon

Can one of you lore nerds authenticate the accuracy of this for me?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:48 pm 
Young Dragon

Arsonist wrote:

That was actually very entertaining

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:18 pm 
Elder Dragon

the 1v1 commander banlist changes are a work of art

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:59 pm 
Elder Dragon

Kal Duskryn wrote:
Arsonist wrote:

That was actually very entertaining

I laughed a *lot* reading it, but didn't know how accurate it was.

Golgari_Spy wrote:
the 1v1 commander banlist changes are a work of art

Quote:
hinging on that mana advantage. Sylvan Library has also been often cited as extremely difficult to beat in a format with 30 starting life,

1v1 commander starts at 30 life?

Gotddamn, gotta get my krenko up in dat bidness.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:27 am 
Ancient Dragon

Golgari_Spy wrote:
the bitch commander banlist changes are a work of art

I always hated that format. It has the worst banlist I’ve ever seen. Look, they banned Chrome Mox because “fast mana is bad” and unbanned Mishra’s Workshop in the same fucking ban list. It’s the biggest joke of a format in existence.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:25 am 
Elder Dragon

to be fair the normal commander list is only slightly less bad

(if the moxen are banned for budget and accessibility reasons, why is something like mishra’s workshop legal, or even the original duals for that matter)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4772 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 227, 228, 229, 230, 231, 232, 233 ... 239  Next