Front Page Facebook Discord Channel New to Discord? Click here!
It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4877 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244  Next
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:01 pm 
Elder Dragon

too much coding needed for arena, which is important because i suspect arena-only pt/grand prix events are integral to survival

there is also the reprint equity issue because they are ending masters sets so it makes more sense financially for them to slowly phase out modern as a premier format and support a format where they can readily get more of the profits

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:21 am 
Elder Dragon

Hi thread. I'm feeling lucky today.

My parents finally bought another house, which means they're taking back their nice dining chairs I've been using for the past year or so. (I got a free table from my friend who works at a furniture store, but there were no chairs with it.) So I've been considering my options for a new set of chairs this week, when I find out that as part of the remodel for one of the buildings at my work, they're literally just throwing away most of the old desks, tables, and chairs. I took a look around this morning and found a matching set of reception chairs that I'm gonna take home with me.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:00 am 
Elder Dragon

It's a great day for the Denver Broncos, and therefore, the world.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:42 pm 
Elder Dragon

Twinblaze wrote:

the bad news is that this will somehow end up in your head coach staying

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:42 pm 
Elder Dragon

Please no.

I mean, my dream is to go 8-8 and have joseph fired at the end of the year, but if I have to choose one, I'll take firing joseph.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:07 pm 
Elder Dragon

Twinblaze wrote:
Please no.

I mean, my dream is to go 8-8 and have joseph fired at the end of the year, but if I have to choose one, I'll take firing joseph.

nothing is really going to change until they fire elway

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:06 pm 
Elder Dragon

Elway is not the problem. On the whole he's made more good decisions than bad ones, even if one or two bad ones have been extremely impactful. (Clearly VJ was a bad hire and has killed the team's chances of doing anything, but I'm not going to crucify him for a single mistake, even if it's a big one.)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:23 am 
Elder Dragon

Twinblaze wrote:
Elway is not the problem.

he is, because being a franchise icon means that he is virtually locked in his position, when it would be more advantageous to try a new gm that can actually find a franchise quarterback

of course you still need the coach, but a young moldable quarterback will attract a quality coach, and elway is not good at finding quarterbacks

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:28 am 
Elder Dragon

also you need an offense that can keep up with this

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:51 am 
Elder Dragon

Golgari_Spy wrote:
a new gm that can actually find a franchise quarterback

You say that like it's not an insanely difficult thing to do. Elway has had 2 early picks and 2 significant free agency acquisitions. Neither of the picks worked out, but both of them were being pursued by other teams, and Elway didn't reach for either of them, so most other GMs in the league looking for a QB would have made the same mistake. For the free agent guys, one hasn't lived up to expectations, but Elway gave himself an out in the contract so he can move on any time he wants with no ill effects. The other QB exceeded expectations by a long shot.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:00 pm 
Elder Dragon

the issue is that franchise qbs and qbs on their rookie deals are the only qbs actually worth paying (and the rookies had better be starting unless you already have a franchise qb), and the broncos have not really had that since peyton manning

most gms are terrible, but settling for that as a ceiling is not good

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:14 pm 
Elder Dragon

Golgari_Spy wrote:
Twinblaze wrote:

the bad news is that this will somehow end up in your head coach staying

different week, same story

i guess there is something worse than firing your coach: hiring mike mccarthy as the replacement

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:14 pm 
Elder Dragon

If Harbaugh really is gonna be out in Baltimore, him being on the market would be a great excuse to ditch VJ regardless of how the Broncos do this year.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:12 pm 
Elder Dragon

Twinblaze wrote:
If Harbaugh really is gonna be out in Baltimore, him being on the market would be a great excuse to ditch VJ regardless of how the Broncos do this year.

depends on if the packers figure out that mccarthy is a garbage coach who has kept his job only because of aaron rodgers being elite and hiding flaws elsewhere

honestly a defensive-minded coach like harbaugh is a bit of a trap for the broncos because what you need is more offense

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:47 pm 
Elder Dragon

Golgari_Spy wrote:
Twinblaze wrote:

depends on if the packers figure out that mccarthy is a garbage coach who has kept his job only because of aaron rodgers being elite and hiding flaws elsewhere

honestly a defensive-minded coach like harbaugh is a bit of a trap for the broncos because what you need is more offense

looks like you are stuck with a bad coach

but really your best bet looks to be the current browns oc if you guys get a new coach

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:03 pm 
Elder Dragon

Counterpoint: The person who wrote that is an idiot and has no idea what he's talking about. Multiple Broncos players have publicly criticized the coaching since Joseph got here. They don't "play hard for him," they play harder because they want to win and he's not helping.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:13 pm 
Young Dragon

Hey this place still exists!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:18 pm 
Elder Dragon

Kairyu815 wrote:
Hey this place still exists!

not really

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:44 am 
Urzatron

A nomadic artificer walks into FLT, bidding hello.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:31 am 
Elder Dragon

Twinblaze wrote:
Counterpoint: The person who wrote that is an idiot and has no idea what he's talking about. Multiple Broncos players have publicly criticized the coaching since Joseph got here. They don't "play hard for him," they play harder because they want to win and he's not helping.

here are the choices

dave toub looks tempting because then you can still get an oc that hopefully is good and you get to take away from the chiefs at the same time

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4877 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 239, 240, 241, 242, 243, 244  Next