Front Page Facebook Discord Channel New to Discord? Click here!
It is currently Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Paladins
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:01 pm 
Ancient Dragon

I know that Xill plays this because we are friends, but does anybody else play it? I have played three games so far, and I love it. Only as Drogoz, but that will change soon.

Post subject: Re: Paladins
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:44 pm 
Elder Dragon

What is it?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:06 pm 
Ancient Dragon

It's kind of like TF2 or Overwatch, but free and actually fun to play IMO

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:02 pm 
Elder Dragon

Huh. Not generally the biggest fan of competitive games, (because I don't spend enough time with any one game to get good at it) but I'll give it a shot.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:19 pm 
Elder Dragon

I've played it a handful of time. Usually wasted when I'm more susceptible to people on steam convincing me to do weird shit. I'm bad. I also play the goblin in the mech suit.

The above should shock no one.

"The best and worst part of being a goblin is that you never have to wonder what people think about you. They are more than willing to let you know at every conceivable opportunity." - Skizzdret, The Guildless

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:38 pm 
Elder Dragon

I'm always susceptible to people on steam convincing me to do weird shit. Seriously, if there's an online game you play that's cheap/free and you want someone to come play with you, I'm down. Unless it's a clicky game like Dota. I hate clicky games.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:14 pm 
Ancient Dragon

Arsonist wrote:
I've played it a handful of time. Usually wasted when I'm more susceptible to people on steam convincing me to do weird shit. I'm bad. I also play the goblin in the mech suit.

The above should shock no one.

No it really doesn't. I love Drogoz( The big rocket shooting dragon), and Lex (The law man with two magnums)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:35 pm 
Elder Dragon

So I downloaded the game and tried out a bunch of the heroes at the shooting range. Tyra is my girl. Played a couple matches against bots and got play of the game in the second one by wiping their whole team at the beginning of the match.

Edit: 3 Matches in against real people. I have yet to see a support or tank on the opposing team.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:29 am 
Elder Dragon

I wish there was a way to skip ahead a few levels and play with people who actually know what they're doing, because I'm getting real tired of playing with complete idiots. Guess which one is me?

Attachments:
Untitled.png
Untitled.png [ 48.37 KiB | Viewed 19627 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:30 am 
Elder Dragon

If anyone wants to try to get shit started tomorrow, I would be down starting at 9 or 10 am EST.

Warning: I am bad and the goblins entire strategy revolves around literally hugging the payload.

"The best and worst part of being a goblin is that you never have to wonder what people think about you. They are more than willing to let you know at every conceivable opportunity." - Skizzdret, The Guildless

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:44 am 
Elder Dragon

I'm down. I also vaguely know how to play two characters now. Since everyone always goes DPS apparently, I decided to learn a tank and picked up Fernando for a few rounds. I don't 100% know how to use him yet, but standing on the objective and putting up a big fat wall seems fairly straightforward.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:49 am 
Elder Dragon

I'm kind of convinced that that's the entire reason the people I was playing with encouraged me to do it.

"Lets see, he'll figure out that his 90% shield ability only works if he's standing *on* the payload. The main weapon is basically infinite ammo. I don't think there's any way even drunk mcdrunk can fuck this up."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:30 am 
Ancient Dragon

Yeah Ruckus is fun to play as. Just Camp.character. I'm down for some ToS action whenever you guys are.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:30 am 
Elder Dragon

Seriously. WTF is wrong with these people:
[+] Click to Show Spoiler
Attachment:
Untitled 2.png
Untitled 2.png [ 93.22 KiB | Viewed 19616 times ]

We won this one, obviously. Or should I say I won this one. Fortunately the enemy team was too stupid to realize that since my team spent most of the game fucking around away from the objective, they could have literally just stood next to me as long as I had my shield up and I never would have been able to take the objective or push the cart.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:16 am 
Ancient Dragon

Well that is the job of the front line is to get the objective.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:43 am 
Elder Dragon

I get that. But if I'm standing on the objective with my shield up, with enemies in front of me, wouldn't it make sense for at least one or two of my teammates to come stand behind the shield and shoot at those people? Instead everyone on both teams spent the majority of the match fighting in random skirmishes all across the map, with no relevance whatsoever to the goal of winning the game. Hell, I even got second most kills on my team despite the fact that I pretty much only shot people when my shield was taken down, so I don't know what they were even doing.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:46 am 
Ancient Dragon

That can happen. It is just a thing. They try to emulate the competitive side of Paladins where that happens all the time.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:05 pm 
Elder Dragon

ZerO_GatewaY wrote:
Yeah Ruckus is fun to play as. Just Camp.character. I'm down for some ToS action whenever you guys are.

THAT'S HIS NAME

I REMEMBER NOW BECAUSE I ALWAYS GOT IN TROUBLE FOR ALMOST QUOTING UNCLE RUCKUS FROM BOONDOCKS A LOT

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:57 pm 
Elder Dragon

As a heads up too, 11 am is probably safer. Was going to run and grab booze tonight but my insurance payment went through so now I'm waiting till I get paid tonight to do all my running.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:54 pm 
Ancient Dragon

Hey Arsonist Friend me on Steam. it's the same name