Front Page Facebook Discord Channel New to Discord? Click here!
It is currently Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 238 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:03 am 
Ancient Dragon

The Bonded is actually looking to investigating Kahl & Giaccappo fairly soon. They keep notes on all Planeswalkers they can find in order to find one in particular or to ensure there won't be hunters, so Giaccappo and Kahl aren't going to be considered threats, but rather neutral Walkers, unless they attack first.
The Entity is most likely never going to fight. If it does, it will need to use a physical body and will most likely lose and simply retreat. It's currently about to push Arc's arc forward to actually give he and Xillian something to investigate after the war.
I'd like to push Teeyr's arc forward a bit faster, but unfortunately, real life is hindering the others as much as myself.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:12 pm 
Ancient Dragon

Given that Giaccappo isn't supposed to finish his machine, after Kahl makes him a lens and gets some shmexy upgrades to his mana discharging revolvers I think they are free to go off into the Aether, but moving to the Bonded seems like an interesting way to continue the overarching story since the Bonded has the whole Panopticon viewing questionable alignment lair thing going on.

I see Nightwalker wanting to go find Teeyr, since he is concerned about what happened to her and Skizz. They could go and pick up Teeyr from Ravok's estate, telling the others to catch up when they can if she is languishing in the medical ward. I think Wolfwalker would have a reasonable ability to use a nature ritual so Teeyr could essentially watch Wolfy's memories of their time together, which might assist her with her memory problems. If that doesn't sound unreasonable those two can move in that direction.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:47 pm 
Adult Dragon

Sounds good, I'll get a post written up. Expect it tonight. It'll be a big one...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:54 pm 
Ancient Dragon

Teeyr's memories will never return, but Walker can show her his memories to get her goals straightened out.

I was actually planning on her losing her memory when she saw the Cyclops Tear (which is just a generic plot object) but it felt more suitable for the buildup to have done that.

Is there any specific Bonded you'd like to meet Gia and Ka? I was going to have them introduce themselves as Core and change to a different one, but I don't know which.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:26 pm 
Ancient Dragon

I don't think Kahl has any preference for any of them, but from a me perspective it would be cool to see the less talkative ones get some screen time so we can meet the different personalities more fully :)

Xilliian, I'll follow your post since both my characters are paired with you at the moment, so mine will likely be up on Sunday.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 3:13 pm 
Adult Dragon

Giaccappo is a racist. He dislikes all non-humans equally as "Barely sapient muck-rakers", and has a similar distate for most Humans that aren't as technologically capable as his homeland. So, I'll let you choose from there which might be more interesting. Just do not use mind tricks on him. Forewarned, he's running at 10,000 Amps, the feedback loop would not be pleasant.

I mean that literally, the dude doesn't shake hands because it can short him out, he has to discharge before he can make physical contact safely. Info to know, you see.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:19 pm 
Ancient Dragon

Commander Xillian wrote:
Giaccappo is a racist. He dislikes all non-humans equally as "Barely sapient muck-rakers", and has a similar distate for most Humans that aren't as technologically capable as his homeland. So, I'll let you choose from there which might be more interesting. Just do not use mind tricks on him. Forewarned, he's running at 10,000 GigaAmps, the feedback loop would not be pleasant.

I mean that literally, the dude doesn't shake hands because it can short him out, he has to discharge before he can make physical contact safely. Info to know, you see.

10,000 GigaAmps running through him would not only fry him and anything in his vicinity, but it would also generate a MASSIVE electromagnetic field that would be strong enough to disrupt lifeforms and impact the electromagnetic field of any planet that could support life such as him.

To put that in perspective, as a power engineer, I didn't even get to work with 1,000 Amp, and I rarely ever saw 500 Amps or higher. Lightning averages 20,000 to 30,000 amps, and that generates heat hotter than the surface of the sun. You're talking 10,000,000,000,000 amps. Even with magic, you're holding back power that generates heat 660,000 times hotter than the core of the sun, making generous calculations in favor of a smaller value.

This isn't me being pedantic, not entirely, at least, it's me seeing a big number and having the urge to actually run the numbers and throw them into coherent sentences so I can get a good estimate as to your character's power level. His very existence greatly interrupts the natural flow of planes.

Next step, we're talking AC, right? Is that a peak-to-peak value? What frequency is it moving at?

BTW, I know what you're trying to say is he's electric enough to make me not want to boogie-woogie, so I need to tread lightly.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:28 pm 
Adult Dragon

Thanks for the info, looks like I over-estimated that value (which honestly I can't expect why I wouldn't), it's probably closer to 10k Amps then. He's charged enough to fry lesser folk on contact.

That said, he usually doesn't sit at that, and will bounce from a passive charge of 300 or so when at rest, to (at his hight) about 80K when he's actively using Plasmancy and sustaining an Ion Storm.

Giaccappo is my most powerful character in terms of raw power. Yr'Sha and Alzikon beat him out by virtue of flexibility and skill, but once Giaccappo charges fully, he could (if he wanted) ignite the atmosphere of a Plane. His Ion Storm is basically when he's a fully set-up Goblin Charbelcher deck. He'll nuke damn near anyone down once he's at full-power.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:42 pm 
Ancient Dragon

Commander Xillian wrote:
Thanks for the info, looks like I over-estimated that value (which honestly I can't expect why I wouldn't), it's probably closer to 10k Amps then. He's charged enough to fry lesser folk on contact.

That said, he usually doesn't sit at that, and will bounce from a passive charge of 300 or so when at rest, to (at his hight) about 80K when he's actively using Plasmancy and sustaining an Ion Storm.

Giaccappo is my most powerful character in terms of raw power. Yr'Sha and Alzikon beat him out by virtue of flexibility and skill, but once Giaccappo charges fully, he could (if he wanted) ignite the atmosphere of a Plane. His Ion Storm is basically when he's a fully set-up Goblin Charbelcher deck. He'll nuke damn near anyone down once he's at full-power.

That sounds about right. Just to add a bit more perspective, 0.1 amps is considered a lethal current to humans and 300 amps is what some backup generators... generate (actually, we focus on their power output in watts, but w/e).

Looks like I'm going to need to abuse some good old fashioned laws of physics... and simply give him a handshake while floating several feet off the ground.

I didn't need that hand anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:14 pm 
Adult Dragon

Forgive me if I make any big errors, just go ahead and correct me so I can bring it more into line. It's been a long time since I've even talked about these units that I've forgotten a good deal of their scale or value compared to others. I know Watts ~=~ Volts, which are often > Amps, but Amps are the resistance of the Current.

Lol, been a whiiiile.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:18 pm 
Ancient Dragon

I think you just summed up the entirety of my knowledge on this topic with equivalent level of detail lol.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:06 pm 
Ancient Dragon

Watts = volts times amps ~~~ W =VI
Volts = amps times ohms (resistance) ~~~ V = IR

Volts are the equivalent of pressure. They are what "push" the current, which is the actual flow. Watts are the power, the multiplcation of the two.

if I shake your character's hand, the current will pass through me to get to the ground, to return to you, completing the circuit. If I'm flyng, air has a very high resistance, so it will only pass through if the voltage is high enough.

Do you remember the very first time The Bonded fought Gia on the old forums? Gia shot out lighting and Bonded simply moved to the nearest tree so the electricity would strike it instead, rather than continuing in a straight line to hit the wolfir.
You don't expect something inanimate under pressure to actively fight against the pressure, just like you and your foes can abuse the laws of your weapon. Don't grab one hand, grab both. It will complete a circuit that passes right through their heart.

Also, Gia will have "superhuman" strength, in the sense that, he can pulse the electricity through his muscles to generate impacts and muscle spasms beyond normal capabilities. If you've ever seen someone stick a fork in a socket and go flying, it wasn't the electricity that sent them back, it was the electricity spasming their muscles forcing them to send themself back.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:07 pm 
Adult Dragon

I have never seen someone stick a fork in a socket, to be fair. That's pretty funny though.

I knew some of that stuff, but not into the detail you went, thanks buddy. I love electricity, it's very interesting, so this is knowledge I'm glad to know. And yes, I do recall dodging behind the tree. I also recall someone dodging a lightning bolt which pissed me off to all fuck, because >dodging electricty

@epoa: Translation of Xillian "Yo, dude, this might be a bad idea. I'm not sure you wanna do this. Let me hear what you want to say and see if this is a good idea or not."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:39 pm 
Ancient Dragon

Nightwalkaaaaaaaaaa pooooooooooooooooooooost

@Xil: the entity's response is basically, "you're a valuable asset, so if you let me in, I won't fuck you over like a normal lifeform AND I'll provide you the benefit of making the entity you're travelling with actually sane again. Also, be careful about talking to the eldrazi, because there are entities more dangerous or devious than me that may want to abuse your unique capabilities."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:13 pm 
Ancient Dragon

Will post by tomorrow night. I'm sorry guys; my family life has had a lot of difficulties. My brother is in the ICU and we had a friend pass away last week.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:05 pm 
Adult Dragon

Aw shit I needa post. Fugg.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:55 am 
Ancient Dragon

Bump

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:49 pm 
Adult Dragon

SEVEN DAY WORK WEEKS SUCK OKAY

SOZ FOLKS HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 238 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12