Front Page Facebook Discord Channel New to Discord? Click here!
It is currently Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:25 am 
Young Dragon

It has been several months since the oracle in Kel prophesized the return of an ancient evil and predicted that each plane of existence would one by one be engulfed in hellfire should Ravok fail to prevent the villain's rise. He had immediately set out to form a team of planeswalkers powerful enough to stave off this menace, and the mountainous regions of Ixalan is where we currently find King Ravok of Kel searching for a rumored minotaur planeswalker in hopes of recruiting his kin to his super group.

"All I wanted was to know where he went." Ravok sighs deeply, standing over a broken pirate lackey quivering on the ground. The warrior had found a bandit's hideout where the minotaur, named Angrath he found out, was rumored to haunt in between quests. Upon his arrival the few pirates that occupied it had ambushed Ravok, only to be quickly overwhelmed by his strength and surprising speed. 5 of the 6 criminals lay unconscious, littered across the room amidst broken furniture and discarded weapons. The last one had fallen to his knees before Ravok, begging for forgiveness but not able to give Ravok the information sought.

With a snort, Ravok turns and leaves the hideout. He was irritated at the apparent waste of time and now was overtaken by the urge to smash the nearest object with his hammer. Rav made his way to the top of a plateau, a little over a hundred feet above the base of an enormous mountain and overlooking a vast plain. The plateau itself spanned nearly half a mile and to his back, the mountain stood taller than the clouds. It was a good place to collect himself and think over his next move without releasing his wrath on the next thing he saw.

But still...

With a roar, the minotaur turns and slams the head of his hammer against the mountain with earth shattering force. The blow causes a fissure to open up and cracks spiderweb across the face of the rock, but of course the mountain is overall unfazed by the king's method of stress relief.

Just then, a shadow is cast over the king as something massive flying above blots out the sun for a brief moment. Believing he has drawn the attention of some native beast, Ravok prepares himself to attack the oncoming form.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:37 am 
Spamslayer Dragon

Away. Away!

The voices clawed at my mind, like some terrible demon creature trying to drag me down into the deepest pit of inky darkness. Awaken, they said, during one of the brief periods they were clear enough to make out a word. Power, I heard. Reign.

Hunger.

They were clearer now, clearer than they had ever been. Where had they come from? Whose trickery was it that was tearing at my mind? Somehow, the least of my questions now was where I was. Not home. Nowhere familiar. I remembered...I vaguely remembered the night before - or perhaps a few nights ago, I had lost track - when the voices rang loud through my mind. So loud, so clear. As though my very den were filled with the demons that whispered to me.

Feast!

In blind panic, I had flung myself through the Blind Eternities, somewhere, anywhere, in the vague hope of ridding myself of whatever curse I had been saddled with. To no avail. How long had I flown? How far?

Get away! I desperately called out, in my own mind, to whatever was crowding in there. I won't submit!

You will.

I roared out, a furious bellow. I remembered a run-in with some natives. Well, not quite remembered. I had sharp-bladed reminders of the encounter still stuck painfully in my wing, my leg, my shoulder. There was a distinct taste of blood in my mouth. Merfolk blood. And there was another encounter with another dragon...no, not a dragon. Like a dragon, but smaller. Wingless. And I craved more. More blood. More feasting. The hunger, it was maddening.

Feast.

No!

Down there, a silhouette. Small. Prey.

FEAST!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:57 am 
Young Dragon

As Arix descends, Ravok lowers his hammer. "Arix! It has been too long. What brings yo- what?"

Realizing the dragon wasnt relenting his assault, Ravok dives out of the way, bewildered by his friend's attack. "ARIX!?"

Ravok narrowly dodged the maw, and in doing so was nearly caught in the dragon's claws. Roaring in fury, he brought his hammer to bear, winding up to swing when the dragon comes close.

"What happened to you, friend? Do you not recognize me?"

(OOC - I dont remember if we're allies in the new battlegrounds canon, but i loved our old fights so thats what im basing this on. Good to punch you again, pal!)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:02 am 
Spamslayer Dragon

((Good to be punched again! This is certainly one of the big things I missed.))

The prey moved. Swift, and unerring. This was not like the feast I had earlier. They were wild and afraid, running in a mad panic at the mere sight of me. The screams, it was a thrill.

No...to defend, that's my way...

But this one was different. Not a scream from this one, but a roar. Not terror, but anger. I...liked it. Fear made the meat of the feast taste all the sweeter, but defiance...a challenge to kill. I had to test. I roared again as I wheeled around, swooping over it, my claws inches from its throat. And what did it do...? It did not cower like the others. It did not scream. It fought back. It swung its weapon back at me in turn.

...friend...no, foe...or...

A game, then. A meal seasoned not with fright, but defiance. This would be a joy to hunt. A joy to kill. I would have its screams, in time.

But first, the hunt. I hovered above it, angling a blast of fire at its eyes.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:57 am 
Young Dragon

If this is what has become of you, I have no problem beating the memory of my hammer back into you my friend.

Confused by the apparent betrayal of his long time ally, Ravok is overtaken by a fury that is quickly controlled by the realization that his friend needed his help.

I have never known you to lash out with such savagery. What happened to the proud protector I knew? What happened after I le-

Then the dragon unleashes another sudden attack, a jet of flame screaming towards Ravok's unhelmeted face.

The minotaur leaps out of the way, propelling himself into a roll to dodge the attack and using his momentum to spring off the plateau towards his foe. In an attempt to grapple the dragon, Ravok grasps Arix's scaled neck and tries to swing around to secure a position on his back.

"Perhaps THIS will jog your memory!"

As he struggles for a hold on the dragon, Ravok bellows out with his full wrath and fury and attempts a mighty headbutt, striking his horned head into the base of Arix's neck.