Front Page Facebook Discord Channel New to Discord? Click here!
It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:51 am 
Elder Dragon

4RW
Legendary Creature - Minotaur Cleric (r)
Red instant and sorcery spells you control have lifelink.
Whenever a white instant or sorcery spell causes you to gain life, this deals 3 damage to target creature or player.
4/6

Annoyed it isn't any target but hey, playable minotaur general, pretty decent RW legend.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:58 am 
Elder Dragon

Oh. Shit.

That set number.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:59 pm 
Hatchling

Set number explained... This card is ONLY available as buy a box. That's it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:14 am 
Elder Dragon

Byxfluzba wrote:

Oh what the fuck. Somebody get twin in here. He's gonna rage.

"The best and worst part of being a goblin is that you never have to wonder what people think about you. They are more than willing to let you know at every conceivable opportunity." - Skizzdret, The Guildless

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:32 am 
Elder Dragon

This is genuinely the stupidest decision Wizards has ever made in their entire history as a company.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:45 am 
Elder Dragon

Twinblaze wrote:
This is genuinely the stupidest decision Wizards has ever made in their entire history as a company.

But mah banding.

"The best and worst part of being a goblin is that you never have to wonder what people think about you. They are more than willing to let you know at every conceivable opportunity." - Skizzdret, The Guildless

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:02 am 
Spamslayer Dragon

Twinblaze wrote:

I wouldn't go quite that far, but it certainly is genuinely stupid.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:38 am 
Elder Dragon

I'd be less mad if the card wasn't exclusively a commander level card. For gods sake, how much heavy lifting do us casuals have to do to crack packs?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:23 am 
Ancient Dragon

Byxfluzba wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:27 am 
Hatchling

Having just left a mobile game after a year + of daily play because the dev was getting increasingly more shady with their predatory habits... This, the jace pack foil lottery, and the obsession with masters sets reaks of shit. I am losing my desire to play and support the game and it's very upsetting.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:27 pm 
Elder Dragon

it is probably more of an issue with keeping the hasbro shareholders happy than anything

and we all know how shareholders work i hope

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:30 pm 
Elder Dragon

Twinblaze wrote:

your hyperbole meter needs work

(also you are clearly unfamiliar with nalathni dragon)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:40 pm 
Ancient Dragon

People will complain about anything. Compare this outrage to, say, a commander deck. To get those legends, you have to buy that $40 deck. Sure, there’s a price difference, but you get more cards and you can still buy the single.
Jace pack foil lottery - really? You get all the alternate arts by buying the pack and your complaint is that you probably won’t get the foil you want? That seems a bit more of an entitlement thing to me. Foils are a bonus, not a default. If they didn’t foil any of them, people wouldn’t complain.

Masters sets, I will concede, have been handled poorly.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:24 pm 
Elder Dragon

Epoa wrote:
People will complain about anything. Compare this outrage to, say, a commander deck. To get those legends, you have to buy that $40 deck. Sure, there’s a price difference, but you get more cards and you can still buy the single.

1. People who want a particular legend that's good in commander are much more likely to be interested in buying a commander deck than in buying a booster box.

2. $40 is a lot different than $100, especially when you're far more likely to get good value from buying a commander deck than from buying a booster box.

3. Far, far more people buy commander decks than buy booster boxes, and on top of that the buy-a-box promo doesn't come with every booster box, just the first however many bought after the set's release, so the supply of these will be far lower than that of a commander deck legend and therefore the single price will be significantly higher than a commander deck legend of equivalent popularity.

4. This card is standard legal, and while this particular one probably won't see play in standard, if there ever is a buy-a-box promo like this that becomes a 4-of in a standard deck, this problem will be multiplied by like a thousand.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:12 pm 
Elder Dragon

Epoa wrote:
Jace pack foil lottery - really? You get all the alternate arts by buying the pack and your complaint is that you probably won’t get the foil you want? That seems a bit more of an entitlement thing to me. Foils are a bonus, not a default. If they didn’t foil any of them, people wouldn’t complain.

i found the contradiction

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:18 pm 
Ancient Dragon

Golgari_Spy wrote:
Epoa wrote:

While out of context, it is a contradiction, contextually it isn’t. People can’t complain about something they are unaware exists. Technically, it’s nothing.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:21 pm 
Hatchling

Yeah, people complain about everything, even my own personal thoughts on the direction of WoTC. The Jace deck is the successor to the all foil FTV. If you're okay with changing one of the few what you see is what you get style products they release into yet another money grab lottery then more power to you. Fuck me for finding the model shady. Enjoy your foil negate.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:42 pm 
Elder Dragon

Epoa wrote:
Golgari_Spy wrote:
Epoa wrote:

While out of context, it is a contradiction, contextually it isn’t. People can’t complain about something they are unaware exists. Technically, it’s nothing.

no, they would complain about something else

like how there isn’t a foil