Front Page Facebook Discord Channel New to Discord? Click here!
It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 10:36 am 
Offline
Elder Dragon
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 10:27 pm
Posts: 1367
So since the boards seem less popping than they were back in the day, anyone feel like discussing (these smaller sets at least) in single threads. We all have the attention span of coked up Chihuahuas anyway. This might keep us on task a bit better.

Speaking of which.

So.

How bout them doublin seasons?

_________________
"The best and worst part of being a goblin is that you never have to wonder what people think about you. They are more than willing to let you know at every conceivable opportunity." - Skizzdret, The Guildless


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 11:24 am 
Offline
Elder Dragon
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 7:45 pm
Posts: 1241
The Doubling Season reprint was extremely necessary. Glad it's finally happening. The "partner with" thing has some good EDH potential, but none of the designs we've seen so far have really piqued my interest. The Black/White combo is kinda cool, but the fact that it's a 5-drop and a 6-drop means it's going to be almost impossible to have them both on the battlefield with any consistency in a format of frequent wraths.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 11:40 am 
Offline
Elder Dragon
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 10:27 pm
Posts: 1367
I was somewhat interested in the UR brother sister walker commanders. That seemed neat, although it seems as though the chances of drafting both for actual play that the mechanic was made for is..

Light.

To say the least.

I love the flavor on the kid and his imaginary friend though.

_________________
"The best and worst part of being a goblin is that you never have to wonder what people think about you. They are more than willing to let you know at every conceivable opportunity." - Skizzdret, The Guildless


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 11:43 am 
Offline
Elder Dragon
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 10:27 pm
Posts: 1367
Image

Lookit this fuckin guy.

I better get the *other* half of riku...

_________________
"The best and worst part of being a goblin is that you never have to wonder what people think about you. They are more than willing to let you know at every conceivable opportunity." - Skizzdret, The Guildless


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 12:45 pm 
Offline
Elder Dragon
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 7:45 pm
Posts: 1241
Arsonist wrote:
it seems as though the chances of drafting both for actual play that the mechanic was made for is..

Light.

To say the least.

Actually, it seems they did some collating magic with this set. The partner with cards always come in matching pairs in packs, and since you draft 2 cards at a time in 2HG, you just take both.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 8:03 pm 
Offline
Spamslayer Dragon
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 8:44 pm
Posts: 721
Twinblaze wrote:
The Doubling Season reprint was extremely necessary. Glad it's finally happening. The "partner with" thing has some good EDH potential, but none of the designs we've seen so far have really piqued my interest. The Black/White combo is kinda cool, but the fact that it's a 5-drop and a 6-drop means it's going to be almost impossible to have them both on the battlefield with any consistency in a format of frequent wraths.

Check it out!
ImageImage

The red/white pair is about granting dudes keywords!

HOW NOVEL!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 9:24 pm 
Offline
Elder Dragon
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:46 pm
Posts: 1248
you should just be happy that there is one knight that doesn't want to slay all the dragons


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 10:07 pm 
Offline
Elder Dragon
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 10:27 pm
Posts: 1367
Arix wrote:
Twinblaze wrote:
The Doubling Season reprint was extremely necessary. Glad it's finally happening. The "partner with" thing has some good EDH potential, but none of the designs we've seen so far have really piqued my interest. The Black/White combo is kinda cool, but the fact that it's a 5-drop and a 6-drop means it's going to be almost impossible to have them both on the battlefield with any consistency in a format of frequent wraths.

Check it out!
ImageImage

The red/white pair is about granting dudes keywords!

HOW NOVEL!


I'll say that while I'm not wow'd mechanically, the idea of "dragon knight chick and her dragon mount" is neat.

Because that's what you are.

A mount.

_________________
"The best and worst part of being a goblin is that you never have to wonder what people think about you. They are more than willing to let you know at every conceivable opportunity." - Skizzdret, The Guildless


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 10:09 pm 
Offline
Elder Dragon
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 10:27 pm
Posts: 1367
Also, these sexy as hell.

Image

_________________
"The best and worst part of being a goblin is that you never have to wonder what people think about you. They are more than willing to let you know at every conceivable opportunity." - Skizzdret, The Guildless


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 11:21 pm 
Offline
Spamslayer Dragon
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 8:44 pm
Posts: 721
Arsonist wrote:
I'll say that while I'm not wow'd mechanically, the idea of "dragon knight chick and her dragon mount" is neat.

Because that's what you are.

A mount.

Well, yeah.

The mount is the one with all the power. The mount decides where to go and what to do. If the mount wants to fly off and roll around in the air while the rider is still attached, well, there's not a whole lot the rider can do about it. Meanwhile, if the rider wants to charge at the enemy but the mount decides "Nah, can't be bothered right now", what's the rider going to do about it? Pull on the reins a little? Wow, that's mildly annoying. I'm going to roll onto my back now. While you're still on it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 2:51 am 
Offline
Elder Dragon
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 10:27 pm
Posts: 1367
Whatever helps you sleep at night.

In all seriousness, can someone tell me how the hell you "team draft"?

Image

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUTH

_________________
"The best and worst part of being a goblin is that you never have to wonder what people think about you. They are more than willing to let you know at every conceivable opportunity." - Skizzdret, The Guildless


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 4:17 am 
Offline
Elder Dragon

Joined: Thu May 19, 2016 7:07 pm
Posts: 1015
Location: Northampton, England
Image

_________________
Peasant Cube: http://www.cubetutor.com/peasant360 (Foiled 360 common/uncommon cube)
Unpowered Cube: http://www.cubetutor.com/herald360 (360)
Graveyard Set: http://www.cubetutor.com/graveshift (530, set draft)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 3:28 am 
Offline
Elder Dragon
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 31, 2016 10:27 pm
Posts: 1367
Mmmm lattice reprint.

I like this set.

Image

Her too.

_________________
"The best and worst part of being a goblin is that you never have to wonder what people think about you. They are more than willing to let you know at every conceivable opportunity." - Skizzdret, The Guildless


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 3:34 am 
Offline
Elder Dragon

Joined: Thu May 19, 2016 7:07 pm
Posts: 1015
Location: Northampton, England
Only downside so far is the lack of rarity downshifts for my purposes. Although...
Image
MMMMMM that's good Rakdos!

_________________
Peasant Cube: http://www.cubetutor.com/peasant360 (Foiled 360 common/uncommon cube)
Unpowered Cube: http://www.cubetutor.com/herald360 (360)
Graveyard Set: http://www.cubetutor.com/graveshift (530, set draft)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group