Front Page Facebook Discord Channel New to Discord? Click here!
It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 10:36 am 
Elder Dragon

So since the boards seem less popping than they were back in the day, anyone feel like discussing (these smaller sets at least) in single threads. We all have the attention span of coked up Chihuahuas anyway. This might keep us on task a bit better.

Speaking of which.

So.

How bout them doublin seasons?

"The best and worst part of being a goblin is that you never have to wonder what people think about you. They are more than willing to let you know at every conceivable opportunity." - Skizzdret, The Guildless

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 11:24 am 
Elder Dragon

The Doubling Season reprint was extremely necessary. Glad it's finally happening. The "partner with" thing has some good EDH potential, but none of the designs we've seen so far have really piqued my interest. The Black/White combo is kinda cool, but the fact that it's a 5-drop and a 6-drop means it's going to be almost impossible to have them both on the battlefield with any consistency in a format of frequent wraths.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 11:40 am 
Elder Dragon

I was somewhat interested in the UR brother sister walker commanders. That seemed neat, although it seems as though the chances of drafting both for actual play that the mechanic was made for is..

Light.

To say the least.

I love the flavor on the kid and his imaginary friend though.

"The best and worst part of being a goblin is that you never have to wonder what people think about you. They are more than willing to let you know at every conceivable opportunity." - Skizzdret, The Guildless

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 11:43 am 
Elder Dragon

Lookit this fuckin guy.

I better get the *other* half of riku...

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 12:45 pm 
Elder Dragon

Arsonist wrote:
it seems as though the chances of drafting both for actual play that the mechanic was made for is..

Light.

To say the least.

Actually, it seems they did some collating magic with this set. The partner with cards always come in matching pairs in packs, and since you draft 2 cards at a time in 2HG, you just take both.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 8:03 pm 
Spamslayer Dragon

Twinblaze wrote:
The Doubling Season reprint was extremely necessary. Glad it's finally happening. The "partner with" thing has some good EDH potential, but none of the designs we've seen so far have really piqued my interest. The Black/White combo is kinda cool, but the fact that it's a 5-drop and a 6-drop means it's going to be almost impossible to have them both on the battlefield with any consistency in a format of frequent wraths.

Check it out!
ImageImage

The red/white pair is about granting dudes keywords!

HOW NOVEL!

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 9:24 pm 
Elder Dragon

you should just be happy that there is one knight that doesn't want to slay all the dragons

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 10:07 pm 
Elder Dragon

Arix wrote:
Twinblaze wrote:

Check it out!
ImageImage

The red/white pair is about granting dudes keywords!

HOW NOVEL!

I'll say that while I'm not wow'd mechanically, the idea of "dragon knight chick and her dragon mount" is neat.

Because that's what you are.

A mount.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 10:09 pm 
Elder Dragon

Also, these sexy as hell.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 11:21 pm 
Spamslayer Dragon

Arsonist wrote:
I'll say that while I'm not wow'd mechanically, the idea of "dragon knight chick and her dragon mount" is neat.

Because that's what you are.

A mount.

Well, yeah.

The mount is the one with all the power. The mount decides where to go and what to do. If the mount wants to fly off and roll around in the air while the rider is still attached, well, there's not a whole lot the rider can do about it. Meanwhile, if the rider wants to charge at the enemy but the mount decides "Nah, can't be bothered right now", what's the rider going to do about it? Pull on the reins a little? Wow, that's mildly annoying. I'm going to roll onto my back now. While you're still on it.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 2:51 am 
Elder Dragon

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

In all seriousness, can someone tell me how the hell you "team draft"?

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUTH

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 4:17 am 
Elder Dragon

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 3:28 am 
Elder Dragon

Mmmm lattice reprint.

I like this set.

Her too.

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 3:34 am 
Elder Dragon

Only downside so far is the lack of rarity downshifts for my purposes. Although...
MMMMMM that's good Rakdos!